Under the theme "New Era, New Opportunity", the fair aims to encourage lighting practitioners to forge ahead with their aspirations. With the dynamic changes currently taking place, new opportunities are being presented to the lighting industry. Consequently, encouraging brands to embrace transformation, and reach new milestones in their lighting journeys are key goals espoused by GILE.
On GILE’s role within the industry, Ms Lucia Wong, Deputy General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd said: “GILE shoulders the responsibility of promoting exchanges between different industries, and also undertakes the mission of driving forward the development of the lighting sector. This year’s GILE will connect multiple ecosystems including smart lighting, cultural and night tourism and low-carbon technology. In addition, the fair will host over 500 fringe events covering diverse topics, which will encourage industry players to use new ways of thinking to explore new business opportunities.”
11 show halls will host over 1,000 exhibitors showcasing innovative lighting technologies
Smart-health crossover demonstration pavilion 2.0 (Hall 9.2 & 10.2)
Jointly organised by GILE and the Shanghai Pudong Intelligent Lighting Association, the “Smart-health crossover demonstration pavilion 2.0” has doubled in size this year to 20,000 sqm. Participating brands include:
- Smart lighting applications and solutions, IoT lighting systems and commercial lighting solutions: Allway, Alpha, Arcllux, B&D, CREP, Dilux, eboy, Ecolor, Fcreate Energy, FSL, Gamder, GDLED, Gemstone, Gesung, Go&Sun, Ground-Space, iLamp, INDLEDs, Jiasheng, Jojo Lighting, Judalai, LediFuture, LumiAether, Mason Light, MELAY, New Lights, OML, PAK, Rongweng Kubai, ShineSky, Skyled, Sky-Lighting, Topband, Upshine Lighting, VACE, Warom, Wisva, Xi’an Elite, Yuanzhikang IoT, Yunju, Zemcho, Zhengfeng and ZOHO.
- Smart home solutions and smart audio-visual systems: Broadlink, EOGO and Linptech.
- Smart lighting control systems and power supply: AiDimming, BOKE, Bright Power Semiconductor, Chuandian, Elite, Gallop, Helvar, Hoion, Inventronics, Kiwi, Lanzhao, Lifud, LTECH, Maxic, Ming Se, OSRAM, Skydance, Sunricher, Signify, Ten Pao, TIGI and Wiki.
- Radar and sensors: AirTouch, EasyDetek, Long-join, Merrytek, MoreSense and YuanSheng.
- IoT solutions, communication technologies and protocols, IoT chips, IoT core connectors, smart hardware, intelligent gateways, smart electricity usage solutions, semiconductors and integrated circuits: CoolKit, Delta, Ding Ding Safe, EARDATEK, Eonlink, Espressif, EZVIZ, Fullness, Granwin IoT, iLightsln, Insona, ITON, KUJIALE, MXCHIP, Shuncom AIoT, Taolink, TUYA and Zhongneng IoT.
- PLC controllers: FN-Link, GSD, Jiapu, Leaguer, MicroNature, Siqi and Wuqi.
- Optical technologies: Darkoo, Evercore, Luminus and TongYiFang.
- Standardisation and testing authorities: ZHAGA, DEKRA and UL.
From 3 – 5 August, several seminars on smart lighting technology will also be held in hall 10.2. These seminars include:
- Smart lighting ecosystem conference
- Light health and smart lighting new supply chain cross-industry forum
- “Matter – The pursuit of simplicity” forum
- The cross-industry development of "lighting with mainless lights" forum
- PLC smart lighting cross-industry forum
- Innovative lighting applications in the IoT era forum by DALI
- Smart lighting design discussion forum
- “The application of sensing“ intelligent lighting forum
- Lighting innovators’ development forum
2022 Horticultural lighting demonstration zone (Hall 3.2)
Organised by GILE and the Shenzhen Facilities Agriculture Industry Association and taking place from 3 – 5 August, this zone will highlight the applications of horticultural lighting technology in agriculture, creating a profitable business environment for both industries.
Participants include: CSA group, Chuanghong, Hongrui, SLT Lighting, University of Science and Technology of China, Linong, Ledestar, Pvisung, Sanan, Shinelong, Huayang Normal University, Lightning, Xuyu, Sunnypower, Edali, Arts Group and Shanzhai.
The 2nd China horticultural lighting discussion forum will take place at the same time, with events including:
- Plant factory technology session
- Industrial hemp spectrum technology session
- Horticultural lighting technology session
- Breeding lights and aquarium lighting session
- Photovoltaic agriculture and healthy lighting session
2022 Light art exhibition (Hall 3.1)
Jointly organised by GILE and Guangzhou Alighting IoT & Technology Co, Ltd, the “2022 Light art exhibition” will take place under the theme of “Meeting with Light”. 17 renowned lighting designers and 15 lighting brands will form a cross-industry team to co-create and display a series of light art works with visual impact and profound cultural significance.
The “Cultural & night tourism forum” will be organised in hall 3.1, inviting municipal supervision authorities, project owners, investment representatives, night tourism planners and designers, new media artists, commercial operators and more. Speakers will discuss the integrated development of cultural tourism from the perspective of the entire supply chain.
- 2022 Light art and night tourism development forum
- 2022 Light art forum and the 2nd light art exhibition awards
- Urban renewal and lighting environment development forum
- Digital art and cultural & night tourism forum
- Stadium lighting technology forum
- “Cultural & night tourism to advance rural revitalisation” forum
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2022, “Alighting award ceremony” will present a series of awards in hall 5.1. Events include:
- Alighting award ceremony and the Alighting forum 2022
- “New era, New opportunity” – Alighting award ceremony and new branding strategy conference 2022
- Lighting applications of human factors intelligence conference and the top 100 smart lighting brands awards
- Greater Bay Area smart ecosystem conference and smart ecosystem awards 2022
- Greater Bay Area healthy lighting innovation forum 2022
Brand collection – Showcasing the entire supply chain
The brand collection aims to explore the mutually beneficial cooperation between upstream and downstream lighting sectors, enhance the cooperation between lighting companies, and create opportunities for the entire industry. Participants include:
- Landscape and smart city: Unilumin, HPWinner, MTC, Blueview, Tiege, JeeYee, Everbright Environment, ZZTY, ZK-Link, Haoyang, Watron, SNC, FYT, Yaham, Gonon and Cedar.
- LED drivers and power supplies: Inventronics, Mean Well, Euchips, MOSO, Chuanglian, DONE, Lifud, Kegu, Fahold, Powerland, Youte, Anhui, Pusisat, Snappy and Sosen.
- LED chips packaging: Kinglight, Nationstar, Ledestar, Lightning, HSG, H-Great, Shineon.
- Material and lighting devices: Guibao, DOW, Dupont, KMT, Dream-Start and BJB.
- Lighting applications and solutions: Rishang, Luxtronik, Mingxue, Kebon, Homi, SPAR, Kinglight and Huapai.
GILE 2022 fringe programme to connect exhibitors with industry associations
GILE 2022 will host a series of fringe events exploring a wide range of topics, covering the latest lighting trends and developments. The fair will work closely with renowned institutions such as the International WELL Building Research Institute™, Shenzhen Interior Designers Association, Asian Association of Lighting Designers and more. Events include:
- Decoding the healthy living lighting environment
- The frontier design of light
- The 2022 Asian lighting arts symposium
- Dual carbon – Carbon neutrality forum
- Strategic meeting – Lighting manufacturers' countermeasures under the new normal
- Future and life – Home design forum
- New space design forum
- The 1st circadian lighting and smart elderly care lighting summit
- Indoor lighting design forum – Frontiers and practices
- Commercial space design forum – Debates on the balance in space and lighting design
- City design forum
- Design session – Lighting art
- The 9th new LED creation conference, the quality of lighting – Healthy lighting, lighting environment
Ms Lucia Wong added: “With the new opportunities presented by technological change, we will live up to our responsibility as a trade fair organiser to build a broader and bolder vision for the lighting industry.”
The Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition will be held concurrently with Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology. Both shows are part of Messe Frankfurt’s Light + Building Technology fairs headed by the biennial Light + Building event. The next edition will be held from 2 – 6 October 2022 in Frankfurt, Germany.
Messe Frankfurt organises several trade fairs for the light and building technology sectors in Asia, including Shanghai Intelligent Building Technology, Shanghai Smart Home Technology, Parking China, Thailand Building Fair, and Thailand Lighting Fair. The company’s lighting and building technology trade fairs also cover the markets in Argentina, India, Thailand and the UAE.
For more information on Light + Building shows worldwide, please visit. For more information regarding the lighting shows in China, please visit http://www.light.messefrankfurt.com.cn or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is one of the world’s leading trade fair, congress and event organisers with their own exhibition grounds. With a workforce of some 2,200 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 28 subsidiaries, it organises events around the world. As in the previous year, annual sales for 2021 were significantly lower owing to the COVID-19 pandemic: approximately €154 million compared with Group sales as high as €736 million in pre-pandemic 2019. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. Sustainable business practices are a central pillar of our corporate strategy and strike a healthy balance between ecological and economic interests, social responsibility and diversity. Another of Messe Frankfurt’s strengths is its powerful and closely knit global sales network, which covers around 180 countries in all regions of the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are using our digital expertise to develop new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- GILE22_OR_EN (pdf, 329 KB)